Dear Up North Family!
We are excited to invite you to Ostróda (pronounced "oh-stroo-da"), which is located in the beautiful lake region of Poland. Every year we look forward to gathering as a family of Foursquare churches, and this year is no exception! We pray that as you make your summer plans you consider what the Lord is preparing for you, your family, and the people you encounter daily in your normal life. We believe God's heart for this year is to be "Empowered, on earth as in heaven" - inspired by Acts 1:8.
"But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you. And you will be my witnesses, telling people about me everywhere -- in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."
This year you can look forward to not only an extra day of camp, but plenty of time to fellowship, chill out, and time for worship, prayer (we'll have a prayer room!), baptisms, and intentional time for kids and youth too! Registration will open April 16.
Just as the first disciples gathered and then went, we hope that our family gathering at camp empowers each of us to encounter the world as Jesus did, with power, love, grace, and mercy. Come for the fellowship, leave with your heart, soul, and mind renewed and empowered - this is our heart. So, on behalf of your Foursquare family in Poland - Zapraszamy! We welcome you!
When: 30th July to 3rd August
How to get there:
- By plane: Gdańsk airport is the closest, then a 1.5 - 2hr train ride or 1.5 hr by car. Warsaw (any airport) is a 3 hour drive, or about a 3hr to 3.5hr train ride.
- By ferry: Ferries from Bornholm, Denmark, and five routes from Sweden - schedules and other information can be found here on this website. Once in Swinoujscie which the Bornholm, and three of the Swedish routes go to, it is a 6.5hr drive, if arriving into Gdańsk or Gdynia (which is where the other Swedish routes arrive into) it is a 1.5 to 2hr drive.
- Train schedules and other info can be found here, the train station names are
- Gdańsk Airport - GDAŃSK PORT LOTNICZY
- Warsaw Airport (Chopin) - WARSAW AIRPORT
- Warsaw Modlin Airport - MODLIN LOTNISKO (see info here for shuttle bus from Airport to station)
- Ostróda (where the camp is) - OSTRÓDA
- If you need any help with planning feel free to ask Travis or Weronika!
With much love and anticipation of great things from our father,
Your 2018 camp hosts,